This Policy applies to all personal data that you may provide to us and the personal data we hold about you. By providing us with your personal data or by accessing, using or viewing the applicable website or any of its services, functions or contents (including transmitting, caching or storing of any such personal data), you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all the terms, conditions, and notices in this Policy. If you do not agree, please cease use of the relevant website(s) and/or service(s) and DO NOT provide any personal data to us.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to eTukuri by sending email to eTukuri at the email account as supported by the various services.
- What personal data is collected?
- When you use our website, any service we provide or in your interaction with us, the personal data we may collect including but not limited to:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address;
- Purchase information, such as the items you purchase, items you have altered or custom made (including measurements), payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
If you choose to pay by electronic card you will be redirected to the Maldives Payment Gateway of Bank of Maldives for you to enter the card details and the necessary processing. We will not be able to see, capture or store your card details and any other information you may enter at the Maldives Payment Gateway. All communications between Maldives Post limited and the Maldives Payment Gateway are encrypted using the TLS/SSL protocol. Once payment processing is completed (successfully or unsuccessfully) you will be redirected back to our website.
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, and brand and merchandise interests;
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, items in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, registry information, product review information and other information about your profile or account;
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdate, gender, Postal code, and other information about you;
- Call recordingsincluding information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone;
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate and what you search for using our Site, the website pages and items you view using our website and the items you purchase.
- How is the personal data collected?
- We use your personal data for the purposes of serving you. This includes, where applicable: providing you with the products and services that you have requested e.g. notifying you regarding the status of your order or delivery, assessment of your creditworthiness (for which we may use third parties);
- Contacting you for feedback after a sale of a product or service; and
- Resolving any problems or disputes you may encounter in relation to our products and services.
- We may also use your personal data for purposes connected or relevant to the business of the Maldives Post Limited, such as:
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations and requirements;
- Enforcing obligations owed to the Maldives Post;
- Researching and developing new products and services or improving existing products and services of the Maldives Post;
- Accounting, risk management, compliance and record keeping purposes;
- Carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis; and
- Staff training.
- Your personal data may also be anonymized for use by Maldives Post for other purposes.
- If you have consented, your personal data may be used by Maldives Post Limited for the purposes of marketing products and services offered on the website or other products or services offered by the Maldives Post or those of its strategic partners or business affiliates e.g. informing you of latest activities, special offers, promotions or sending you newsletters.
- If you have contacted us with any complaints, feedback, comments, suggestions, we will use and disclose your personal data (including your contact history) to respond to you and provide you with the best service possible. If you are the complainant and you do not want us to disclose your identity to the party you are complaining about, you must let us know immediately. However, it may not always be possible to handle your complaint on the basis of anonymity.
- When using your personal data to contact you for the above purposes, we may contact you via regular mail, fax, e-mail, SMS, telephone or any other electronic means.
- If we need to use your personal data for any other purposes, we will notify you and obtain your consent beforehand. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for these other purposes.
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods.For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device: that you use to access our website; or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. This collection includes automatically collected information, and generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. Methods we use include:
- Cookies (which may be session-based or persistent, and are typically small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser);
- Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, or open an email we send to you);
- Website log files (which we tend to create automatically in connection with access to and use of our website);
- Flash cookies or Local Stored Objects (which may be placed using Adobe Flash software); and
- Other technologies (which may be similar to or different than the methods noted above).
- Disclosure of information
- We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
- We will only disclose your personal data to third parties where you have provided us consent, and in the situations expressly set out in in this Policy. If you have consented to receiving marketing information from us, our strategic partners and business associates, we will be disclosing your personal data to them.
- Your personal data may be disclosed and shared within Maldives Post to allow us to provide the products and services which you have requested.
- We may disclose or share your personal data with third parties (including other companies within Maldives Post) who provide necessary services to us, such as:
- Service providers and data processors working on our behalf and providing services such as hosting and maintenance services, analysis services, e-mail messaging services, delivery services, handling of payment transactions, solvency check and address check, etc; and
- Our consultants and professional advisers (such as accountants, lawyers, auditors).
- We will also disclose your personal data to third parties in order to comply with legal obligations or industry requirements. This includes disclosures to legal, regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities.
- Our website may have the functionalities to allow you to share your personal data with other third parties such as other users of our website. You are responsible for your choice(s) and are deemed to have provided consent for any sharing of your personal data in the manner provided by the website.
- You fully understand and consent that we may transfer your personal data to any location outside of Maldives for the purposes set out in this clause 3. When transferring your personal data outside of Maldives we will protect your personal data to a standard comparable to the protection by ensuring that the recipient is either in a jurisdiction which has comparable data protection laws, or is contractually bound to protect your personal data.
- Third Parties
- This Policy only applies to our website and information that we collect from you. Our websites may contain links to other websites which are not owned or maintained by us. When visiting these third party websites or disclosing your personal data to third parties (including buyers or sellers on our website), you should read their privacy policies, or ask relevant questions before you disclose your personal data, we are not responsible for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data by such third parties.
- Social Networks
- Our website may provide you with social plug-ins from various social networks (such as Facebook and Twitter). If you choose to interact with a social network, your activity on our website will also be made available to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- If you are logged in on one of the social networks during the visit of one of our websites the social network might add this information to your profile. If you are interacting with one of the social plug-ins, this information will be transferred to the social network. In case you do not wish such a data transfer, please log off on your social network before you enter our website.
- We cannot influence this data collection and data transfer via the social plug-ins. Please read the privacy policies of those social networks for detailed information about the collection and transfer of personal data, what rights you have and how you can achieve satisfactory privacy settings.
- Geo-location services
- Our website may offer location-enabled services, such as Google Maps and Bing Maps. If you use our website, they may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location. You are always asked if the geo-location service can be activated and you can also object to this geo-location service within the respective website.
- Web analytics by Google Analytics
- Our website may contain web analytic services provided by Google Analytics. This means that when you visit our website, a cookie will be stored on your computer or mobile device, except when your browser settings do not allow for such cookies.
- This further means that when you visit our website, the personal data described above in clause 1.1 – including the “click-stream data”, the data from “web beacons and tracking links” and information stored in Google Analytics’ cookies – will be sent to Google Analytics for analysis for and on behalf of us. Please note that if you have created an online profile at our website and if you are logged on in this profile, a unique number identifying this profile will also be sent to Google Analytics in order to be able to match the web analytics data to this profile.
- Retargeting Technologies
- Our website may use retargeting technologies within the internet. This enables us to show our visitors, who were already interested in our shop and our products, advertisement from us on partner websites.
- We also work with other companies who use tracking technologies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect non-personally identifiable information about your visits to our websites and your interaction with our communications, including advertising.
- Retargeting technologies analyze your cookies and display advertisement based on your past surfing behavior. For further information on cookies, please refer to clause 2.8 of this policy.
- We do not store any personal data about you with this technology.
- Security and Fraud
- We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you share with us through our website. In general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information.
- We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and personal information, including by doing the following:
- Reviewing your eTukuri account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Using complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters);
- Not using the same password on more than one website;
- Not sharing your password with others;
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device; and
- Sign out/log off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT FOR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR FOR ANY LOSS OF REPUTATION OR GOODWILL, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, SUFFERED AS A RESULT OF UNAUTHORISED OR UNINTENDED USE, ACCESS OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
- Changes to this Policy
- We may amend this Policy from time to time. The amended Policy will be publicized on our website.
- Your Rights
- If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or about our Policy, if you do not accept the amended Policy, if you wish to withdraw any consent you have given us at any time, or if you wish to update or have access to your personal data, you are welcome to contact us. The contact details are as below:
Attention to:Business Development and Marketing
Contact number: +9603315555, +960332447
Address: Maldives Post Limited, H.Two Star, Boduthakurufaanu Magu, 20026, Male', Rep. of Maldives
- All requests for correction or for access to your personal data must be in writing. We will endeavor to respond to your request within 30 days, and if that is not possible, we will inform you of the time by which we will respond to you.
- We may be prevented by law from complying with any request that you may make. We may also decline any request that you may make if the law permits us to do so
- In many circumstances, we need to use your personal data in order for us to provide you with products or services which you require or have requested. If you do not provide us with the required personal data, or if you do not accept the amended Policy or withdraw your consent to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for these purposes, it may not be possible for us to continue to serve you or provide you with the products and services that you require or have requested.
- We may charge you a fee for responding to your request for access to the personal data which we hold about you, or for information about the ways in which we have (or may have) used your personal data. If a fee is to be charged, we will inform you of the amount beforehand and respond to your request after payment is received.
- You may send complaints regarding our handling of personal data in the following ways:
- In writing or by email. Such complaints must be addressed to the Business Development and Marketing Division at:
Contact number: +9603315555, +960332447
Address: Maldives Post Limited, H.Two Star, Boduthakurufaanu Magu, 20026, Male', Rep. of Maldives
- Provide the name, contact number and address of the person submitting the feedback.
- Provide the relevant details required such as the relevant time period, our employees or who involved or copies of relevant documents.
- All complaints will be evaluated by Maldives Post in a timely manner. After Maldives Post has completed its evaluation, Maldives Post (or a duly appointed representative) will respond to the person who submitted the complaint or feedback, with the results of the evaluation.
- Governing law
- This Policy is governed by the laws of Maldives. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Maldives in any dispute relating to this Policy.